What is a Dream?

In our Psychology subject, I’ve ascertained that Dreams are those hidden conflicts, desires and wishes in our lives that don’t occur in real life.
But don’t you know that each of our dreams has its own implication and interpretations? At first, I was thinking about this question and I ask myself: Did I ever think that my dream has a meaning? Like when my crush is courting me in my dream, does it mean that in actual, it might happen too? The answer to that is no because ever since, I thought that my dream was just a product of what I’ve thought during the day before I’ve slept at night but I was wrong.

In our class in Humanities I, the first assignment that we had was all about King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. He also asked us what the dream is all about, the interpretation and its relevance to the past, present and future of humanities, and etc. After which, I have discovered the answer to my question. It was written in the Bible, the Old Testament, Daniel Chapter 2.
One day, King Nebuchadnezzar had dreams and he was very bothered that he summoned all the magicians, sorcerers, enchanters and the astrologers to interpret the dream for him. The question is: did it happen that a man can interpret the dream of others which they can’t remember? The King was furious when his people told him that they cannot interpret his dream that’s why he ordered the persecution of all the wise men in Babylon.
Daniel was one of those wise men who will be persecuted that’s why he told Arioch, the King’s captain guard to give him time to interpret the dream of the king.
Given this problem, Daniel prayed to God that He may reveal this secret to him. One night, Daniel was shown the king’s dream and its interpretation and he hurriedly go to the king and unveil his dream.
It was a statue with different minerals on it and represents various kingdoms that will rule. These sovereignties are strong during their time of ruling their respective empires but as time goes by, these realms later deteriorate. The statue has its interpretation of the kingdoms: The head of gold signifies Babylon, the Breast and Arms of Silver signifies Medo-Persia, Belly and thighs of Brass signifies Greece, Legs of Iron signifies Rome, Feet & Toes of partly iron, partly clay signifies Europe. But another kingdom will emerge and that is the Kingdom of God that signifies the stone which will be thrown to the statue and it will turn into pieces.
The implication of this dream in the past, present and the future of humanities is that: whenever we had problems, we should not forget to pray to God because it is the only way for us to unravel our problems.
That is the whole story of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream and I’ve realize that in real life, really, our dreams have explanations but we just don’t mind about it.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

0 Comments:

 
_elated_ - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger